Are you having trouble setting up your Jiofi device and activating the SIM? No need to worry. This post is going to help you on how to activate JioFi SIM card in a step-by-step manner.
The SIM card is necessary to supply the internet to wireless connection to the devices. The portable JioFi device works as a hotspot that establishes high-speed broadband connectivity.
You can easily carry the device anywhere you go. By having a Jio SIM in it, you can also enjoy super-fast internet speeds and HD voice and video calls.
How to Activate JioFi SIM Card for Services
Once you have purchased the portable device and received a SIM card after providing relevant documents you will receive a message on your registered number. This message consists of the steps to get the SIM card verified through the phone.
Following is the step by step guide on how to activate your JioFi SIM card activated:
- To Purchase a JioFi device and SIM, you will need to carry the following documents to the service center:
- Passport photo,
- One photo ID and
- Proof of address such as electricity bill.
- Go to the nearby service center near your location and ask for a JioFi device and present them with your documents.
- They will provide you a form, it needs to be filled after which you will be provided with a SIM card that needs to be activated.
- You will receive a message at your registered number containing the necessary details to get your SIM tele-verified.
- You will need to call the JioFi customer support services helpline for telephone verification.
JioFi SIM Verification Required
Till now your SIM will not work and you can’t access JioFi Login Portal. You still need to follow few more steps to verify your SIM card through the Jio helpline. Following options are available for verification:
Activate Both Voice & Data Service:
- Dial 1977 to activate both voice and data services from your Jio mobile number.
- For this process, you will need to insert the JioFi sim into your mobile and call the services center. They will guide you through the verification process.
For Data Services Activation Only:
- Dial 1800-899-1977 to activate only the data services from your registered mobile number.
- The operator will ask you to enter your credentials.
- Enter 5 digits PIN received on your alternate number, or
- Enter the last 4 digits of your voter ID or Passport number, or
- Reach contact center advisor for tele-verification.
The SIM is likely to get activated within 1 to 2 hours. In some cases, the SIM has taken up to 4-5 hours for activation. So the users are requested to practice patience.
After successful verification, your services from the Jio SIM card will be activated.
Activation JioFi SIM Card Via JioFi App
You can also use the JioFi SIM card in your 4G supported mobile phones and can use the internet or make phone calls. You can also make calls via the JioFi app, all you need to do is:
- Install the Jio4GVoice app.
- Connect to the JioFi WiFi, configure and enter the OTP received on your alternate number.
- Allow access to the app and you are ready to go.
- Make phone calls, HD video calls, and send messages right away.
Remember that the person you’re calling should also be on the Jio network, using a 4G VoLTE device or Jio4GVoice.
Please note that the customers who have performed biometrics at the service center will not need to call the support center (1977) for voice and message activation. They can make phone calls or send messages directly.
JioFi SIM Card – FAQ’s
How Much Time Require for JioFi SIM Activation?
Normally it takes 1-2 days to fully activate the calling and internet service on your SIM.
Can we Use the JioFi device with another SIM?
Yes, You can use other SIM cards in your JioFi device.
It is possible we can use JIoFi SIM in any 4G phone?
Yes, You can use the SIM on your smartphone and enjoy the same features including HD calling and the internet.
How to Find JioFi Wifi and portal username and password?
All the information regarding login including inside the device packing. You can find the WIFI password and username by just removing the battery cover.