Accessing JioDongle.local.html allows you to open the Admin Login page through which you can modify the WiFi settings, username, and password of your Jio Dongle. This page has been recently updated to help you out with the latest information available.
Jio is Indians largest Mobile Network Operating Company. It offers the best 4G services along with affordable data plans and premium customer service. For these reasons, Jio has been highly successful in its mission to provide good internet speed to every user.
Some products of Jio include Jio SIM, JioFi routers, and Dongles.
Our product of concern today is the Jio Dongle which is a hotspot device used to convert any place into a personalized Wi-Fi zone whether it is an office room or a party. Jio Dongle provides high-speed internet to every device connected to a hotspot. Today’s article provides a quick guide on how you can customize Jio Dongle settings according to your requirements.
This can be done by accessing the JioDongle.local.html which is a host address for opening the device dashboard.
How Does the Host Address Work?
You must first understand the working of JioDongle.local.html. Accessing your Jio Dongles dashboard is an easy task involving you to enter jiodongle.local.html or 192.168.1.1 router IP address in the URL bar of any web browser.
Doing so gives you the ability to change some basic settings of your router such as WiFi network name, Password, IP Qos, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, network management, WLAN settings, PPPoE, MAC, WPS, DSL, DHCP client, and network management. These features give you control over your router.
How to Change the Password of Jio Dongle?
There is no need to panic if you have forgotten your Jio Dongle password or if you want to change your password. You can do so by performing the following steps:
- Turn your Jio Dongle device on and hold the button before the device is ready to use.
- Make sure whether the device and your Jio Dongle are connected. You can find the name of the network and password behind the Jio Dongle box or etched in the back cover of the Dongle device.
- Open a web browser on the device connected to your Jio Dongle. You can use any web browser. There is no need to stick to one browser. Enter http://jiodongle.local.html in the address box and click search. It will send you to another web page. (There is another option to do it, you may enter 192.168.1.1 instead of the link and you will access the admin page.)
- Upon entering this page you will see a login option in the top right option. Click on it to open the login prompt.
- The login option requires your User ID and a password. You need to type ‘administrator’ as your ID and password, and then press on ‘Login’, which will lead to another page.
- When you get to that page, to your left you’ll see the ‘Network’ option. In this option, you’ll see the option labeled as ’WiFi settings’. Click on it.
- There you will notice the Security Mode, which consists of a column with the name ‘Network Key’. In the column, you will see the default or previous password. This password can be replaced by typing a new Jio Dongle password which you deem safer. After double-checking your new password will be set.
- Almost immediately, you will receive a notification that your WiFi is to be restarted.
- You need to agree so click on ‘Ok’ then wait until the process is complete.
Your Jio Dongle password will be changed after step 7 so you will be automatically disconnected from the device. When you reconnect, use the new password which you set during step 7. If still having an issue you can perform Hard Reset JioFi Settings to Factory Restore.
How to Change SSID of Your Jio Dongle Device?
The process of changing the SSID of your Dongle device is similar to changing the password (from steps 1 to 6). After those 6 steps, there are 3 more in this case.
- In the WiFi Settings column, you will find the SSID The default name of the network will be written in a box there. You can erase this name and rename the network to a customized name. It can include any letter and can consist of numbers and special characters.
- After you decide on its new name, type it in, and click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- In this last step, you will be notified that your device will restart. Click on ‘OK’ and wait until it is back on.
You will find that the name of your Dongle device has changed to the new name set. You can continue using the device with the new name.
How to Change the Super User ID and Password of Your Jio Dongle?
Changing Super User ID also has the same 6 initial steps. However, unlike the previous ones, this process has 4 additional steps.
- Click on ‘User Management’ and go to the Account option found under it.
- At this stage, you will see a page that contains four columns: Super User ID, Current Password, New Password, and Confirm Password. One of your concerns is the Superuser ID column, where you can change your Super ID.
- Now, type ‘administrator’ in the Current Password column. You can set a new password now. All you need to do is to type it in the New Password line and verify it by retyping it in the Confirm Password box. Once you fill in all the blank spaces, click on ‘Apply’.
- The last step is the confirmation one. You have to click Ok to save your changes once a dialogue box appears.
If you have followed all these steps then rest assured that your Super User ID and password have changed.
If you are using a JioFi device, always remember to write down your credentials in a safe place and not expose them to someone who might change them for personal benefits. You can change your dongle device name and password anytime whenever you feel that the old ones are unsafe. Credentials can be changed using the methods stated above.
This was all we’ve got for you today. With that said, do let us know in the comment section below regarding your thoughts and experience at jiodongle.local.html and with the Jio Dongle Wi-Fi device. Furthermore, we’d love to hear your thoughts on our guide to jiodongle.local.html. Does it answer all your queries and provides you with the information you were looking for?
Looking forward to hearing back from you guys.
Thanks and stay safe!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Jio Dongle recharge plans different?
Jio Dongle has the same Recharge plans as Reliance Jio prepaid Users. Jio provides daily data packages for its Dongle.
How much does Jio Dongle cost?
The reliance JioFi dongle costs 499rs now after a previous change from 999rs only and allows multiple users to create a personalized hotspot
Is the JioFi dongle repairable?
Yes! You can repair the Dongle at any Jio Centre where you will be notified about the problem in your device and cost. If you receive a defective device, then the defect will first be validated before the dongle is replaced with a new one.