The default gateway of JioFi IP address is JioFi.Local.Html or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l which is used for Jio devices. It is used to access the admin panel router settings which include LAN, WAN, WLAN, MAC, WPS block, ADSL, DSL, IP QoS, DNS, Proxy, and Network Management settings. You can also make changes to those settings through this panel.
The admin panel address is used to change or modify the settings of the JioFi device. In this article, we will guide you on the usage of the admin panel.
You will learn about logging in to the JioFi WiFi Router, managing your WiFi password, and resetting your device. We will also give information on various other functions related to JioFi.Local.Html.
What is the Default JioFi IP Address?
With the introduction of these portable hotspot devices, internet technology has reached new heights. Now you can not only access high-speed internet in homes but anywhere outside as well. There are some settings you might need to do to consume the full potential of these devices.
After purchasing the device you might wonder and want to customize the settings as per your ease so we will guide you through the process. It is quite simple and easy. The device is linked to a JioFi IP Address to access the administrator panel which is used to manage and configure it. The admin panel can be accessed by visiting 92.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1
A dialogue box will appear once you visit the page asking for credentials. The default user name is the administrator and the password is also the same. Once you enter the user name and password you will be granted access to the admin panel.
Here you will get many options which include but are not limited to WiFi password, User ID, monitoring and managing the devices connected to the JioFi router, bandwidth management, LAN, and WAN management.
How to Login into 192.168.1.1 OR 192.168.l.l
If you want to use the JioFi device then you should know the Jio IP address so can log in. Below is the step-by-step guide along with visual screenshots to help you throughout the process:
- Open a web browser on your PC or laptop. In the URL tab type jiofi.login.html or 192.168.1.1 and press enter. (Users who have Jiofi Dongle enter http://jiodongle.local.html/).
- Now click on login located on the right side of the page. A dialogue box will appear asking you for your User ID and password as shown in the below picture. Enter the default credentials which are Administrator for both user ID and password.
- Once you enter the credentials click on login to access the JioFi admin panel.
- Now you can view and change the settings as per need. This page has multiple options as shown in the below picture.
- There are many options including the LTE status, LAN Info, WAN Info, Device Details, and System Performance. All these functions will be explained below.
Helpful JioFi Portal Options
It Informs about the connection time and the status of the connection either it is attached or disconnected. It will also inform you about Operation band mode, Operation band, and Bandwidth. This is sometimes very important for configuration to attain the full potential of the device.
With the help of the Lan option you about the SSID, LAN operating mode, Gateway IP, WiFi Status, and a number of devices attached.
This also consists of various options. It informs the user about total data used, default gateway, WAN IPv4, WAN Ipv6, and DNS servers.
By accessing the device details help you to show the firmware and hardware used to manufacture this device.
This option consists of information regarding CPU usage and Memory usage.
Manage Login Credentials through Jiofi local IP address
Since the portal is already explained in detail, now we will give an example of changing the Wifi password so you could get to know the real-time experience of the settings:
- Login to Jiofi.Local.Html and click on settings.
- Click on Wifi and various options appear as shown in the above picture.
- Highlight the SSID and change it as per your need.
- Now replace the default password shown as a security key as per your need.
- After you change it click on apply.
- It will ask for confirmation as the device will be restarted as shown in the below picture.
- Click ‘ok’ and the device will be restarted.
- Now login with your new SSID and password and you are ready to go.
Sometimes users may face errors logging in to the admin panel of the Jiofi router. Ensure to check the following to resolve the issue:
- Ensure that the correct IP address is used to get access, there may be typing errors due to which you are unable to access it.
- Make sure that the IP address entered matches the default gateway of the router. The default gateway could vary in different devices due to which you are unable to access the admin panel of the device.
Many users are unaware and not well informed to use the JioFi admin login. We are sure the above article is going to help them a lot in managing and changing the settings of the JioFi device.
How to change the JioFi IP address
The Jio 4G LTE modem comes with a default private IP address to access the device dashboard. The following are the default LAN IP configuration:
- LAN IP address. 192.168.5.1
- Subnet mask. 255.0.0.0
The default LAN IP address is the one that you get on the device’s dashboard after you first connect to it. It is the IP address that you need to use to access the device’s dashboard and control the modem. If you want to change the default LAN IP address, follow the below-given steps:
To change the IP address on JioFi 4G LTE modem.
- Power on your JioFi 4G LTE modem.
- Open a web browser and type http://192.168.5.1.
- Enter modem username and password and click on the Sign In button.
- Next go to Settings > Advanced > Lan.
- In the IP address field, write a new Ip address.
- Also, enter the network mask in the Netmask field.
- You also need to enter the DHCP IP range in the new IP range.
- Now click submit button and your LTE modem will automatically restart. Simply reconnect your mobile or computer to the LTE modem again using a new Ip address.
Now your IP address range changed in the LTE modem and you can use the new IP address whenever you want to connect your modem with any device.
Jio router login username and password
Whenever you need to enter into the Jio router or modem setting you should need to log in using the username and password. Similarly, if you want to change the IP address within the admin panel you also need to log in.
Both default username and password are “admin” for any Jio router. If you already changed the login credentials then you need to hard reset the device to get the default username and password.
How to Find Router’s IP Address in Windows
By using the “ipconfig” command you can easily find the default gateway. If you want to use the default window gateway address then you can follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Here you can see the “Network and Internet” category.
- Now click on the subcategory “View Network Status and Tak”
- In this section, find your connected internet connection and click on it.
- After that click on the network status window and click on “Details”.
- Here you in the “Network Connection Details”, you will be able to locate your router’s IP address under “IPv4 Default Gateway”.
What Can You Do With 192.168.l.l?
Jio provides a different IP address that allows you to access the router admin panel. You can use these IPs (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l) to easily login into the management area of the device. Once you are there you have a lot of options to configure router settings. You can set up Proxy, Security Options, IPQos, DSL, DHCP client, WLAN settings, network management, WAN, MAC, DSL, and PPPOE.
Find Your Router’s IP Address in Mac OS
Jio portable devices work well with MAC Os and you can follow these steps to find your router IP address.
- First, click the “Apple” menu at the top of your screen.
- Now select “System Preferences“.
- Find the “Network” icon and click on it.
- Let’s choose your network connection. You can select Wired or WI-FI connection. Next, choose the “Advanced” button located at the bottom of the screen.
- From the “Network” window, click on the “TCP / IP” link.
Here you will see your router’s IP address listed under “Router“
Finding Your Router’s IP Address in Linux
You can easily find the IP address in the Linux system by accessing the network icon from the notifications area. Just click on it and then select “Connection Information“. After that look at the IP address located next to “Default Route“ or “Gateway”.
By using the unique identifier IP address 192.168.1.1 you can send or receive information from one computer to another. It gives a way to connect the network. Any system that isn’t within the local network cant use the 192.168.1.1 IP Address. That’s why the main goal of using the 192.168.1.1 IP Address is for business or where you need multiple computers connected with each other.
How do I find my JioFi IP address?
Go to Control Panel and click on the “Network and Internet” category.
Next, click the sub-category “View network status and tasks
Here locate the name of your internet connection and click on it.
From status, window click on Details.
In this window Click on “Network Connection Details” and find your IP address.
How do I log into my JioFi router?
Open any internet browser.
Enter address http://jiofi.local.html/
Enter username and password “Administrator”.
You are logged in and able to access JioFi router admin panel options.
What is the default password of JioFi?
Both username and password for JioFi devices are “administrator“.