Have you forgotten your JioFi login credentials such as username Wifi password? Are you unable to connect? We will guide you to reset your device in order to regain access to the device settings on JioFi local HTML page.
Hard reset is necessary if you do not remember the login. The username and/or password mandatory to access the JioFi admin panel. Hard reset or factory reset removes all the changes made to settings and restores the device to default factory settings.
Resetting the JioFi device to default factory settings is a simple task through which you can regain access to the admin panel. If you have made any faulty changes to the settings they will also be reverted.
The JioFi devices have default user IDs and passwords for the admin panel and Wifi. The admin panel user ID and password are always ‘administrator’. The WiFi default password can be viewed inside the device after removing the cover and battery as shown in the picture.
How To Factory Reset JioFi Settings?
Automatic Reboot, system error, forgotten password, and network issues are some of the most common problems. The JiFo users face while using the JioFi router.
You can reset your JioFi device by simply following the below steps and it will hardly take you a minute or so to do it.
- Switch on your JioFi device and remove the back cover, you will see a small hole beside which ‘ Reset’ is labeled as shown in the picture below.
- Now, insert the SIM card pin or any other pin. You can easily insert it inot the hole and press the button for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- After you have pressed it for 15 to 30 seconds, you will see that all the light indicators of WIFI and Battery will start to blink indicating the reset process will start.
- All the light indicators will showing red color signaling that the device is in the reboot process.
- After the device reboots, the lights will turn green and the settings will now turn to the default factory settings.
Make Changes to Admin Panel
Now you can again change the settings according to your ease by accessing the admin panel. Admin panel accessable by following the below steps:
- Launch any internet browser,
- Go to https://jiofi.local.html and configure your JoFi router again.
- Remember the default password and user id for the admin panel is always ‘administrator’.
- Enter the user id and password and change the settings accordingly.
Wasn’t that an easy process to reset your device? If you follow the above-mentioned steps your problem will solve and your JioFi device will automatically reset itself to the factory settings.
It is always better to keep a password that you can remember. Choose the words that are familiar to you so you do not have to go through resetting your device multiple times.