Hi Friends, I got few queries from JioFi users that they forget the login credentials for their device and looking for a method on how to reset JioFi Password.
Are you one of them? If so then don’t worry!
In this post, you will learn how you can rest your JioFi device password using a web portal and also know how to do a factory reset for JioFi portable device to restore default settings.
Connecting the JioFi with any device such as a laptop or smartphone requires to enter a username & password so you can enjoy 4G internet.
Additionally, In order to gain access back to the JioFi admin panel necessary the device to connect with your phone or desktop.
So when you rest your device, make sure it will remove all the changes that you have made to the router admin portal. These settings will revert back to factory defaults.
Additionally, after applying the JioFi password reset, you need to enter the default WiFi password to connect and access the super-fast 4G internet on your device.
However, Resting the JioFi router is an easy task and you can do it yourself. All you have to follow few simple steps that I will share in the below section.
How to Reset JioFi Password?
You can apply the following steps on any JioFi router such as JioFi 2, 3, 4, and 5 to recover the password. There may be a little difference in the portal but more or less the steps are the same.
- First of all, you should have a desktop computer or laptop.
- Next thing, you need to connect your JioFi device with your laptop using a micro USB 2.0 cable.
- After that, “Turn ON” JioFi 4 device.
- As you connect the device, your laptop or computer connected to the internet.
- Now open any web browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
- Type “jiofi.local.html” or “https://192.168.225.1”
- After loading the page, click on the login link (Given on the top right corner)
- Simply enter username and password as “administrator” (By default it will same for all JioFi devices)
- Go to the “Settings” tab and click on “WiFi Settings/Configuration”
- Here you can reset JioFi Password as per your wish. (Mix of the alphabet & numeric password recommended)
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.
After following all of these steps you will able to reset your Password and now enter a new password to any device to start using the internet on it.