Hi Friends, I got few queries from JioFi users that they forget the login credentials for their JioFi device and looking for a method on how to reset JioFi Password.
Are you one of them? If so then don’t worry!
In this post, you will learn how you can rest your JioFi device password using a web portal and also know how to do a factory reset for JioFi portable device to restore default settings.
Connecting the JioFi with any device such as a laptop or smartphone requires entering a username & password so you can enjoy 4G internet.
Additionally, In order to gain access back to the JioFi admin panel necessary for the device to connect with your phone or desktop.
So when you rest your device, make sure it will remove all the changes that you have made to the router admin portal. These settings will revert back to factory defaults.
Additionally, after applying the JioFi password reset, you need to enter the default WiFi password to connect and access the super-fast 4G internet on your device.
However, Resting the JioFi router is an easy task and you can do it yourself. All you have to follow few simple steps that I will share in the below section.
How to Reset JioFi Password If You Forget?
You can apply the following steps on any JioFi router such as JioFi 2, 3, 4, and 5 to recover the password. There may be a little difference in the portal but more or less the steps are the same.
- First of all, you should have a desktop computer or laptop.
- Next thing, you need to connect your JioFi device with your laptop using a micro USB 2.0 cable.
- After that, the “Turn ON” JioFi 4 device.
- As you connect the device, your laptop or computer is connected to the internet.
- Now open any web browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
- Type “jiofi.local.html” or “https://192.168.225.1″
- After loading the page, click on the login link (Given on the top right corner)
- Simply enter username and password as “administrator” (By default it will same for all JioFi devices)
- Go to the “Settings” tab and click on “WiFi Settings/Configuration”
- Here you can reset JioFi Password as per your wish. (Mix of the alphabet & numeric password recommended)
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.
After following all of these steps you will be able to reset your Password and now enter a new password to any device to start using the internet on it.
How to change JioFi 4 Password?
Whenever you perform a Jiofi rest password option it’s good to change your password as well. This helps you to protect your device and save your data. Frequently changing the password of the JioFi device is recommended from the company so it should not leak. Follow the steps and change the exiting password into something complicated.
- Connect your device with a Laptop or computer and access any of the URLs http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1
- Now you are on the JioFi Login Web Admin page and here enter the username and password “administrator”
- Go to setting and click on “Wi-Fi Configuration option.”
- Simply enter a new password with a combination of letters and special characters.
- Save the changes and now you can log in using the new password.
Note: The process of changing the password will restart your JioFi device and will disconnect it from the internet for a few minutes. It will then automatically re-connected with all of your existing devices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Password Change
What is an easy way to rest the JioFi 4 password?
By login with the JioFi portal, you can easily get into the JioFi 4 setting area from where you can perform the reset function.
Is there any limit on resting the JioFi4 password?
No, there is no limit and you can reset your device as many times as you want.
How I can change JioFi 4 password?
You can change it by doing to device settings and that you can access using URL http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1
How to change my JioFi username?
- First login into the portal area by login to http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1
- Next type username and password as ‘administrator’.
- Go to the Network Name >> Wi-Fi Configuration >> Settings and enter a new username.
- Simply apply changes by hitting the “save” button.