JioFi is a portable pocket-friendly broadband device that provides high-speed internet while you are traveling or in a place where access to the internet is not possible. This portal device allows multiple users and mobile devices to access 4G high-speed internet connectivity and create a personal WiFi hotspot.
You can connect a minimum of 10 devices and 1 USB connection. There are some models having the ability to support many more connections. If you have a JioFi device and want to use it, there are some simple steps you need to follow.
Below is the step by step guide for setting up your newly purchased JioFi device to access a high-speed internet connection on mobile phones or laptops.
Guide To Use Your JioFi Device
Once you have purchased your JioFi device and activated your SIM card by phone-verification, you are all set to use the device. Just follow the below steps:
- Insert your activated Jio SIM Card in the SIM socket of the device carefully, as shown in the below picture.
- Place the battery such that the three golden strips on the device coincide with the battery strips, fix the back cover, and turn on the device by pressing the button given on top or side of it.
- Once you have switched it on, you will notice the light indicators of WiFi and signal bars are in red color. This means the device is rebooting and trying to catch the signals and connectivity to the internet.
- After a moment the light indicators will change to green indicating that the connection has been established.
- Now you need to turn on WiFi on your consumption device either on a laptop, mobiles, smart Tv, or gaming consoles.
- JioFi device will appear on the WiFi list and you need to connect to it.
- Your consumption device will ask you for a WiFi password. Enter the password which is mentioned on the box of the device or you can also see it after removing the back cover and battery of the JioFi router as shown in the below picture.
- After a successful internet connection, you can visit https://jiofi.local.html and configure settings according to your ease such as changing and managing WiFi password, device name, router settings, and various other functions.
- You can also use your JioFi for calling and messaging. All you need to do is install the JioFi app on your mobile phone, enter the OTP received on your alternate number. After that allow the app to access your consumption device.
- You can also connect the JioFi device to your laptop through a USB cable. This is an amazing feature as there is no requirement for software installation. Just connect Via USB and enjoy high-speed internet.
If you have followed and executed the above steps carefully there will not be an issue in establishing an internet connection through your JioFi router.
If you are still having any connectivity issues then you need to call the customer services center. You can also visit the nearby service center for guidance and resolution of the issue.