Are you having trouble with your Jio SIM? Are you unable to get online or make calls? If so, don’t worry. There are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem.
When you have lost the signal on your Jio phone, this means that the Jio sim is not working on your phone. When this happens, you cannot connect to the internet or make calls because the sim card is not functioning properly.
We’ve already talked about how to fix common Jio problems like Jio Call Not working and slow internet speed, so in this post, we’ll take a look at some additional tips on how to troubleshoot issues with your Jio SIM card.
Why is Jio SIM not working, no signal, or no network problem? Common Reasons
Before getting into the solution, first, we need to understand why we face the jio sim not working issue. There are many reasons for this. But, here we will discuss only the most common reasons that cause problems with your Jio SIM card.
- The first and most common reason is the poor signal strength in your area. This is a very big problem, especially in rural areas. If you are facing this issue, then there is not much you can do about it. The only solution is to wait for the Jio network to be improved in your area.
- The second reason is that your Jio SIM card might be inserted in the wrong slot. Most smartphones nowadays have a hybrid SIM slot. This means that you can either insert two Nano-SIM cards or one Nano SIM card and one microSD card. If you have inserted your Jio SIM card into the microSD card slot, then it will not work.
- The third reason is that your Jio SIM card might be locked. This can happen if you have not used your Jio SIM card for a long time. To unlock your Jio SIM card, you will need to contact customer care.
- Another reason is that your Jio SIM card might be damaged. This can happen if you have inserted or removed your Jio SIM card improperly. If your Jio SIM card is damaged, then you will need to get a new one from customer care.
- The fifth reason is that your Jio SIM might be blocked. This can happen if you have not used your Jio SIM for a long time or if you have violated the terms and conditions of Jio. If your Jio SIM is blocked, then you will need to contact customer care to unblock it.
Once you know the reason why your Jio SIM is showing the network, you can follow the solutions given below to fix the issue.
SIM Recognised but No Network
Jio sim mobile phone users are facing many problems with the service provider, like no internet access, no signal, no 3G or 4G signal or coverage, etc. Many of us are facing these problems while using the Jio sim or Jio 4G phones.
If your Jio SIM card is showing but there is no Jio service available, then you need to follow the steps to resolve the issue.
Set Default Jio SIM as Internet Data
If you have a problem with the mobile network not being available on Jio, then follow the steps to set your SIM as the default for internet usage.
- Go to settings > SIM Cards/SIM Management > Edit SIM > Data Internet > Select the Jio Network > Set Up LTE/4G Network
To setup 4G/LTE service on your phone, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Android Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Select the ‘SIM cards/SIM management’ option.
- Edit your preferred SIM card for data usage.
- Turn on the toggle button to enable LTE/4G service.
- Choose the right network mode from the list of options (LTE only, WCDMA only, etc.).
- After following the steps given above, you will be able to use the internet on your phone without any problem.
Use Network Radio to Fix Jio Network Issues
- Open the phone dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* to
- Now click on the phone info and run the Ping Test.
- Setup your network type LTE/GSM Auto
- Turn OFF the radio and switch it ON again.
- Restart your phone and your issue will be resolved.
Setup APN Settings
Make sure your APN (Access Point Name) is properly set up.
If you don’t know how to do it, here are the steps:
Go to Settings -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names -> + (to add)
- Name: JioNet
- APN: jionet
- Proxy: Not Set
- Port: Not Set
- Username: Not Set
- Password: Not Set
- Server: www.google.com
- MMSC: http://mmsc.google.com
- MMS Proxy: Not Set
- MCC: 405
- MNC: 857 or 863 or 874
- Authentication type: Not Set
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming
No Data but Network Available & SIM Recognised
If you are facing the issue of not being able to connect to the internet on your Jio SIM, even though the network is available and your SIM is recognized, then you can try the following steps to fix it.
- Install and Open MyJio App
- Go to Manage Jo Account
- Sign in to access the internet
Turn ON & OFF Flight Mode
If you are facing the issue of not being able to connect to the internet, even though the network is available, then you can try turning on and off flight mode. This will reset your phone’s connection to the network and might help in fixing the problem.
To turn on flight mode:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks/Connections > Turn on Airplane mode
- Wait for 10-20 seconds
- Turn off airplane mode
Your phone will now try to reconnect to the network, and you should be able to use the internet.
If this doesn’t work, then you can try the next method.
Restarting your phone can also help in fixing the problem of not being able to connect to the internet on your Jio SIM. This will reset your phone’s connection to the network and might help in fixing the problem.
Manually Setup Network To Solve Signal Problem
If you still have no signal in Jio sim then you can try a manual method. Follow the given below steps:
- Go to your phone settings
- Click on connections or network & internet
- Set network mode WCDMA
- Turn off the mobile data if it already ON
- Select the preferred network by going to Operator > Search Network > Preferred Network
Solve No Signal or Jio No Network Problem on iPhone
If you are using an iPhone and facing the problem of not being able to connect to the internet on your Jio SIM, then you can try the following steps to fix it.
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Turn ON Cellular Data
- Click on Restore your network settings.
- Check your connection on the LTE network.
- Go to Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred Network > Choose LTE.
Jio SIM Working But Can’t Make a Call
Make sure you are using a VoLTE-enabled phone to make voice calls. If you already have an LTE or VoLTE-supported phone, then download the JioVoice 4G app from the Google Play store. After that, you need to create an account and login into the app to start making calls over the Jio Network.
In this post, we have looked at some of the possible ways to fix the Jio SIM not working or no signal problem. We hope that one of these methods will work for you and you will be able to use your Jio SIM without any problems.