Do you have a JioFi device and want to connect it to your PC? In this guide, we will show you how to do that either using a USB cable or wirelessly.
A JioFi is a device that allows you to access the internet using 4G LTE technology. You can use it to connect your computer, phone, or other devices to the internet.
There are three methods you can use to connect your JioFi to a PC:
- Use a USB cable.
- Connect wirelessly using the JioFi’s Wi-Fi.
- Connect to JioFi through a Wi-Fi USB adapter.
How to connect a JioFi device to a PC through WiFi
If you want to connect your JioFi device to your PC wirelessly, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, make sure that your JioFi device is turned on and the battery is charged.
- Secondly, open the WiFi settings on your PC from the window menu and look for a network with the name “JioFi“.
- Once you find the network, connect to it and enter the password (which can be found on the back of your JioFi device).
- Enter the username and password (which can be found in the manual that came with your JioFi device) and click “Login“.
- Click on the “Connect” button next to your PC and you should be connected!
That’s it! You should now be able to browse the internet on your PC using your JioFi device.
How to connect JioFi to a PC through USB Tethering?
The method of connecting the Jiofi using USB is very useful while using the internet on a computer because most desktop computers don’t have a wireless option.
Although every PC must have multiple USB ports, you can easily connect your device with a computer and access the internet.
The key thing to remember is that while connecting your device to a PC, you can also access the WIFI option on the device. For example, if you have a mobile, tablet, or laptop, then it will show you the option of a wifi connection while your device is connected to the computer.
So this method is very useful to connect multiple devices including computers at the same time.
Moreover, when your device connects to your computer through USB, it will also charge, so you can fill the device’s battery as well.
By following the steps below, you can use your Jiofi as a portable Wi-Fi router to connect your desktop computer to the internet.
Here are the steps on how to connect your JioFi device to a PC using USB tethering:
- Plug one end of the USB cable into the JioFi device and the other end into the computer.
- On your JioFi device, press and hold the power button for two seconds to turn on the device.
- The power LED will light up and stay solid green when the device is turned on successfully.
- Once your JioFi is turned on, you will automatically connect to the internet and you can use the internet immediately. On the window taskbar at the bottom right corner, you will notice a USB-connected internet connection which means you are not connected successfully.
Additionally, if you want to see the device settings, you can easily do that by entering the IP address http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm in the browser bar. Here you will find the other Wi-Fi-connected clients.
Connect your JioFi device by using a Wi-Fi USB Adapter
If you are connecting to a device that doesn’t have Wi-Fi and nor do they have a USB option, then the easiest way to connect the device is with the Wi-Fi USB adapter. You can use this method with any device that has a USB port.
Here’s how you can connect your JioFi device to a PC using a Wi-Fi USB adapter:
- First, you need to buy a Wi-Fi USB adapter from any offline or online store at a cheap price.
- Once you have the adapter, you need to configure it by installing the device drivers on your PC.
- Turn on your JioFi hotspot portable device by pressing the power button.
- When your device is ready, you can locate the Jio device name on your PC under the available connection. Just click on it and enter the wifi password to connect the device to the internet.
If you are facing any issues while connecting Jiofi to your PC then here are a few troubleshooting tips that might help you.
- Restart your Jiofi device and try again.
- Make sure that the battery is charged and inserted properly.
- Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly.
- Ensure that you are in an area with the good network coverage.
- Update the firmware of your Jiofi device.
- Try connecting using a different USB cable.
In the end, we hope that this guide was helpful in showing you how to connect your JioFi device to your PC. If you have any further questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we will do our best to help you out.
How do I connect my Jio Wi-Fi router to my PC?
To connect your Jio Wi-Fi router to your PC, you will need to use a USB cable. Simply connect the router to your computer using the provided USB cable and you should be good to go.
Why is JioFi not connecting to the PC?
There could be a few reasons why your JioFi device is not connecting to your PC. Make sure that the router is turned on and that you are using the correct USB cable. If you are still having trouble, try restarting both your JioFi device and your computer.
Can the dongle be connected to the desktop?
Yes, the dongle can be connected to the desktop. However, you will need to use a USB cable in order to do so.
Can we connect a LAN cable to JioFi?
No, you cannot connect a LAN cable to JioFi. The device only supports Wi-Fi connections.