WPS stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup,” and it is a feature available on JioFi devices. This feature allows users to easily connect their devices to a wireless network without the need to enter a password.
Instead, users can simply press the WPS button on the JioFi device and then follow the on-screen instructions on their device to establish a secure wireless connection. This feature is particularly useful in situations where multiple devices need to be connected to the same network, such as in an office or a classroom.
By using WPS, users can quickly and easily connect their devices to the network, without the need to enter a password every time. Overall, WPS is a useful and convenient feature that can save time and hassle when setting up wireless networks on JioFi devices.
What is WPS in jiofiber?
WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a feature available on JioFiber devices that enables users to easily connect their devices to a wireless network without entering a password. This feature makes it easy for multiple devices to be connected to the same network without the hassle of entering a password every time.
To use WPS on JioFiber, simply press the WPS button on the router and follow the on-screen instructions on your device to establish a secure wireless connection. WPS is a convenient feature that saves time and effort when setting up wireless networks on JioFiber devices.
How to Connect JioFi to laptop using WPS
To connect your JioFi device to your laptop using WPS, follow these steps:
- Turn on your JioFi device and make sure that it is connected to the internet.
- Turn on your laptop and make sure that it is connected to the wireless network.
- Locate the WPS button on your JioFi device. This button is usually located on the side or the back of the device.
- Press and hold the WPS button for a few seconds until the WPS LED light starts blinking.
- On your laptop, locate the WPS button or the WPS connection option in your wireless settings.
- Press the WPS button on your laptop or select the WPS connection option to start the connection process.
- Your laptop should now be connected to your JioFi device using WPS.
- Once the connection is established, you should see a confirmation message on your laptop screen.
How to connect your smartphone with JioFi using WPS:
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi network and is in range of your JioFi device.
- Press the WPS button on your JioFi device. The WPS button is usually located on the back or side of the device.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap on the three dots or “More” option to access the advanced settings.
- Select the “WPS push button” option. Your smartphone will start searching for available networks.
- Wait for a few seconds until the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) of your JioFi device appears on your smartphone’s screen.
- Select the JioFi network and your smartphone will automatically connect to it using WPS.
How to know if WPS is On or Off In Jiofi?
To check if WPS is enabled or disabled on your JioFi device, you need to log in to the device’s dashboard using your web browser. You can do this by typing “http://jiofi.local.html” or “http://192.168.225.1” into your browser’s address bar and entering your JioFi device’s username and password.
Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “Settings” or “Advanced Settings” section and look for the “WPS” option.
If WPS is enabled, you’ll see an “On/Off” switch that indicates its current status. If you want to change the status of WPS, simply toggle the switch to the desired setting.
Should I Enable WPS In Jiofiber?
Whether or not to enable WPS on your JioFiber device is a personal choice, and it depends on your specific needs and preferences. Enabling WPS can be convenient for quickly and easily connecting multiple devices to the same network, without the need to enter a password every time.
However, it’s important to note that WPS may pose some security risks, as it can make your network vulnerable to hacking attempts. To minimize these risks, it’s important to keep your JioFiber firmware up-to-date, use a strong password, and disable WPS when you’re not using it. Ultimately, the decision to enable WPS on your JioFiber device is up to you, and you should weigh the benefits and risks before making a decision.